Saturday, September 16, 2017

Banana Baked Oatmeal, it's what's for breakfast!

Happy Saturday morning! Sitting here on a cool morning with my cup of coffee enjoying the quiet before my husband gets up. I love my early mornings. I have a loaf of sourdough baked already, and breakfast just came out of the oven. Now to rouse my hubby!

My husband loves bananas. LOVES them. Buys them by the bag. So I am always trying to figure out what to do with those last few bananas that are really ripe. I have an amazing banana bread recipe from my mom, but one can only make so much banana bread and so many smoothies. So I am always on the hunt for banana recipes. I found this one years ago and have modified it for my family. My favorite thing to do. Find a recipe and make it my own. Now if only he would wake up lol.

This baked oatmeal takes about 10 minutes to put together, and bakes for about 25. So it is not only scrumptious, but EASY. And QUICK. It also makes great leftovers for weekday breakfast. So I have been known to make a double batch just to have ready to go breakfast for the week! For me, this recipe is sweet enough as is. But it is also good drizzled with maple syrup. Try it for yourself!


Banana Baked Oatmeal

3-4 medium ripe bananas, mashed (small chunks are good!)
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whole rolled oats (not quick oats)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 2 qt casserole with non-stick spray. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Pour into casserole, and bake 25 minutes until set. Serves 4-6.

It's THAT easy. And very forgiving. Just warm leftovers in the microwave!

Now go get that second cup of coffee. I know I am. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment