Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Join me for a cup of coffee?

I am a blogger. Or rather I am a writer. And a talker. Thus a blogger.

I started with a blog MANY years ago to vent about my health - dieting, exercise, life changes, goals, etc.

A second blog was started as a way for my far-away friends and family to keep up to date with my life. Then, I quit my "day job". I left corporate America after 20 years to stay home, take care of my family, and be the domestic I'd always wanted to be, and that blog became a place to document my journey from a working mother to a stay at home mother. It is my main blog, where I've documented my experiments in gardening, organizing, cooking, and just being a domestic.

I have a third, smaller blog, where I review books that I've read, again, for a very specific audience of my friends that are also readers.

Before "Saturday morning" started, I included all of my food posts in my journey blog. I just didn't see the need to have so many different blogs. But now that I've got people who are wanting a place to see just my food information, I decided it's time.

So this blog will be that place.

The name is dedicated to a dear friend from college. Someone who I can turn to for advice, for that shoulder. She and I have Saturday morning coffee chats that span 500 miles, each in our own state, but each with our pot of coffee and time to commit to each other. She is always encouraging me to push forward with my dreams. And this food blog, well, it's one of those dreams. I am hoping this will become a place for me to share my love of food, and providing for my family, with you - my readers.

So welcome to my table. Brew that pot of coffee, and come spend some time with me. I'd love to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment