Saturday, April 12, 2014

Celebrating Family

Not a normal blog this morning..

This morning we lay my father to his eternal rest... On March 14th, he ended a long journey, 88 years, that for the last decade included severe dimentia. Having lost my mother in 2006, this is bittersweet for sure. The end of a generation of our family. But it's also a reason to celebrate that family.

Last night 25 of us got together to share a meal, and an evening of wonderful story telling and laughing. A true celebration of life, of our lives, and our family.

Our family has a great history of amazing celebrations - around amazing meals.

So today I am dedicating this blog to my family. My crazy, dysfunctional, amazing family, that I love with all my heart.
A typical family gathering, circa 1976?

Celebrate your family - every day. They are yours. 

Now grab another cup of coffee and enjoy the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment