Saturday, April 5, 2014

My question to you...what is the best cafe/diner food you've ever eaten?

I love to cook. You all know that. And I love eating foods from different areas of the country, different nationalities, etc.

My cooking is about to take a turn - as my husband and I have taken the plunge and purchased a cafe! We are looking to open our new cafe, the gathering place, May 1st, and I've been having a blast with menu ideas. I've been cooking ferociously, as we try different things, looking for the best to put on our menu. (My husband and son are happy to do the taste testing!)

I am so very excited. But so many options. It will be hard to hold back, but I know we have to take baby steps!

So my question to you... what is the best cafe/diner food you've every eaten? I'd love to hear from you!

12 comments:

  1. Pie! Breakfast! Homemade soups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A homemade bread. Like a roll or bread for toast or sandwiches. Homemade soup. Homemade pies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also when you come to green bay, three of my favorites is Julies Cafe, Cheesecake Heaven and Kavarna. :) julies cafe is known for their breakfast and pies, Cheesecake Heaven - build your own salads, pastas, sandwiches and homemade soups, Kavarna unique salads, and sammies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homemade bread/rolls is my first step - and there will be homemade soups every day! And of the three you listed Mary - only Julies I've not been to yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool ! :) its very yummy ! :) i've only eaten breakfast there. Whatever you do, it'll be great !

    ReplyDelete
  6. pancakes from scratch- don't overmix. Homemade breads. Flavors!!! Quality meats. oven baked and fluffy omelettes. Feta, spinach, avacado, proteins, ground flax, great coffee, turkey sausage and bacon, egg white options, fruit, real hash browns made from real potatoes. fritattas, pancakes with blueberries in the batter! Its better to have fewer choices if they are greatquality choices. The Northern Motel north of Woodruff is outstanding and wins taste of Minocqua all the time-- looks like a dive-- truly excellent. Katie's Kitchen in Des Plaines is creatively great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cinnamon bread sandwiched around spreadable creamcheese and dipped in egg wash makes a great french toast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://katieskitchenonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. and a legend who also signed my copy of her book the week before she retired...Ina... The Breakfast Queen of Chicago
    http://www.breakfastqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome ideas - thanks for all the feedback everyone~!

    ReplyDelete